Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yoga

My time in Pushkar has been very well spent. I've been doing an intensive yoga retreat, not just doing yoga, but also learning the history, meditations, doing cleanses, and breathing techniques. Yoga is a way of living, not just a 30 minute workout and I'm really, really loving it. I leave tomorrow to do a course in Mumbai at the Yoga Institute, which is one of India's oldest schools. This is only a 6 day course, but they also have 1 month and 6 month courses, for teaching yoga...so if I turn out really liking it I might come back....I haven't even left yet and I'm already planning my next trip to India.
So I guess after the course I'm off to Thailand. I'm trying to work out my flight shifts now, but If everything goes well I'll be on a flight from Mumbai to Thailand on the 18th of February. So the thought of leaving India leaves me a bit speechless. I didn't give you my "Holy Cow" bit yet, or...oh there is just so much to tell. I don't know where to begin. For now I just leave saying this about India. This place has to be truly magic to hold this many people that have of this many different religions, languages, cultures and colors and keep the peace......really truly amazing.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Carrie I need you to e-mail me, Marty and I are flying into Bangkok on the 27th and would love to see you sometime during our trip...jamielp79@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home