Friday, February 23, 2007

As a sinking ship

And of course the madness is saved until the very end. And since I've left India everything has fallen to pieces. Word to the wise NEVER buy plane tickets until you are a few days from going to your next destination. And make sure you know all of the rules and regulations.....which usually include in the fine print "any changes will cost about the same as the original ticket." So the story goes. If I want to fly home now from Bangkok that's fine, but I'll have to buy a fresh new ticket and get nothing for the old one......or I can wait in Bangkok until March 1st at which time I can figure out a way to Beijing. Then sort out getting my flight date changed....which of course will cost a heap. And until a few moments ago I was walking around aimlessly on the verge of tears. And then of course, Tommy graces me with his short and sweet sentiments that lift the burden off of my shoulders.....Thank you Tommy, we are so blessed! Not just with each other but with an angel of a mother who helps to makes any freak out of mine go from a minor heart attack to a lesson for life, not to be missed. I thank God for the both of you everyday. I grimace to think of what the fire of my life would amount to had God not given me you guys to tend after me. My brother is far to kind in his love for me......Thank you for your words Tom.....

She... (carrie)s herself as a child
who truly knows that it's all magic
In knowing this truth
her smile makes people believe.

divine radiance
Divine radiance like night back into the day
we laugh as children

Sister Friend
You are a deep and familiar place and always a home
Thank you for blazing the trail that I've walked....
it still feels warm and humbling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home