Sunday, February 25, 2007

So I guess I'm going to China!

Well as fate may have it ditching out on this adventure is not an option.....my ticket from Beijing to SanFrancisco is non- refundable. So I guess that means I'm headed north, which is fine and great and I'm excited. I am just waiting for my visa to China to be processed, which should finish up around the 1st of March.....and the rest of my travel plans I'll spell out as they come. One of the most boring ways of describing a trip is "I"m going here then there and then I'll go here at this time by train, bus, boat, whatever" So NOW I am in Bangkok, and you know Bangkok is a crazy sort of place. Sort of. It a travelers mecca. Everyone from every facet of the globe comes to Bangkok, some are on their way to the rest of the world and some are on their way home.....and then there are the seasoned sex traveler, who are just here for the business. And you can never tell one from the other by their outward look....

Several of the restaurants and facilities are 24 hour...not that I have taken advantage of this option.....I've been in bed by 9:00p.m. every night (not quite the party girl I use to be)... So anyway the other morning, around 9:00a.m., as I'm walking through one of these all night cafes I notice on odd sort of couple. The man is the average 22 year old American boy....just out of college on his first trip to Thailand sort of look. He is sitting with a he/she Thailand beauty and they have both slurping up the tail end of a juicy cold mug of beer, and who knows where the night....I mean day, might take them. And all of this is from my judgemental snap shot view of the situation, I mean who knows maybe he is a reporter doing a story on the sex industry in Thailand or I don't know anyway, just not the average scene....and not many average scenes....just average for Bangkok.

So my old roommate Jamie and her boyfriend will be arriving in Bangkok on Wednesday night, so that's exciting. It will be great to see some familiar faces and get some fresh juice. You come to a point in traveling where going sight seeing and looking at another temple or palace or museum sounds like a subtle torture on the senses of your soul. You just grow dull to the brilliance. That is such a shame, because some of these places are truly magnificent. So having some fresh meat will help me to see things through there eyes. In some ways traveling is a kind of addiction. I mean there is an endless amount of sights to see on this earth....and most travelers in some form or another are trying to capture just enough to take home and say now I have lived. I've seen the world. I know this trip has satisfied my ego and all of my senses on many levels, but one thing that I wasn't expecting and one thing that I am most satisfied with is that I feel that I've learned how to live. I mean living by myself, and waking up and doing just what I want to do. And finding that I enjoy a very simple sort of life. I love the simple things. Eating, reading, exercise, meditation. A very easy routine. I guess in some ways I have become quite boring.....but that is if you're looking from the outside. Because I'm not bored. And so today I will sort out the remainder of my travel arrangements and then go see the glorious palace and emerald Buddha....and this time I will be using my disposable camera. I've already lost two cameras on this trip...so I'm signing off now. I hope all is well back home. And thank you for keeping up with my blog. I feel a bit self indulgent at times writing this silly thing, so thank you for letting me know you appreciate it and actually read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home