Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm so glad I missed my flight!

So I missed my flight from Bangkok to Beijing......you know at first I was freaking out, hysterical panic attack mode.....you know the usual. Then some of my meditation training kicked in, along with a visit to the gym and then the realization comes that everything happens for a reason....and the reason for this fiasco was that I had no idea how crazy fun Bangkok is! The best way to see Bangkok is to make friends with a few rickshaw and taxi drivers, and ask them to take you some place good.....our first purpose for taking a cab was A. the air conditioning and B. to get as far from Ko San Road as possible. The cab driver took us on this crazy long ride around the city and eventually we ended up at a crazy Thai restaurant, but you know the kind that are made for tourists. Anyway from there we were instructed to go to this all night market where there was boxing and ping pong shows....so we went. What we didn't realize, and were astonished to come upon were..... well...... ping pong pussy shows, strip tease boy bands, girly men, eatable roaches, which Marty tried, racing rickshaws, all night thai whiskey rickshaw rides and the rest I'm going to have to leave to your imagination.....or I'll tell you in person...anyway needless to say this turned out to be one of the craziness nights of this wild Cheyenne's life, too much fun.

And with every ounce of will power in me I made it from that lovely pub on Ko San to the madness of the Bangkok airport....and onto the next flight to Beijing. And wow if Bangkok to Beijing wasn't shocking enough. I had to add all of these extenuating circumstances just to get the full effect of the China culture shock! And then I ate dog....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home