Monday, March 05, 2007

And then I ate dog....

Well, so going from the strict vegetarian diet, I had acquired through yoga, to the all meat diet of my friends in Beijing was a bit of a shock to the system.....and of all of the fabulous meat dishes I've had in my life I now must say that dog meat is the most tasty little dish I have ever had! Now once you get past the, oh no a cute little puppy, and just focus on the pure pleasure of their tasty bodies you'll understand what I mean by YUMMY! Yes, the meat is a bit fatty, but oh so tender. Tony seemed to think that this restaurant may have been trying to pass off dogmeat, a delicacy, for simple beef.....like the opposite of what Chinese restaurants in the states are known for....but I'm sure this was no beef...and the menu said dogmeat.....but you know it was written in Chinese, like everything else.

Getting by in China with no understanding of the language is something I would not recommend. I mean no one speaks English at all....and everyone speaks to you in Chinese. And I look like I should be able to, so this only adds to the difficulty. China is a place that I'm very glad I came to, knowing someone and having a place to stay. And Tony has been the most brilliant host. The weather has been ungodly....it snowed the first night I was here. And so now after this little taste of Chinese culture, and Chinese chow chow, he he, I'm headed home in the morning. It was short, but oh so sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home